The CWM stands for Corey Wayne McDougall, the winemaker's son, who passed away in 2003. Winemaker McDougall has created quite a tribute to his son, with the results on the nose opening with plums, mocha espresso, cedar and cooked strawberry jam. On the juicy palate are pomegranates, sugared rhubarb and dark chocolate, all combining for a smoothness that broadens from the middle to finish, thanks to the blended Cab (9%). ~200 cases made.
Awards & Reviews
- "90" Points - May 2007 edition of Wine Spectator Magazine
- Outstanding! - Spring 2007 edition of Winepress Northwest Magazine
- "88" Points - March edition of Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Silver Medal - 2007 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal - 2007 Dallas Morning News Wine Competition